Healthy Business Training Academy
IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT YOUR LEARNING, SO ARE WE!
We offer nationally recognised training in:
What makes us different?
- Personalised training with your own trainer, in very small groups in your workplace
- Larger workshop groups may be offered in capital cities and regional centres where numbers permit
- You can enrol at any time and progress at your own pace
- Distance learning options you can study anywhere
- Electronic resources are available and assignments can be returned by email or Drop Box
- Webinars, Skype and Cloud based services offer alternatives for face-to-face tutorials
- We offer user-friendly Recognition of Prior Learning assessment
Why we are the right choice for you:
- You get more flexible choices about what, where and how you study
- If you don't need a full qualification, we offer a wide range of Skills Sets (smorgasbord short courses designed just for you) and set short course alternatives, such as Medical Receptionist or Auditing.
- If you have the skills and need a qualification, we offer full Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or RPL with Gap Training which will reduce your fees and upgrade your skills at the same time!
- We have Austudy/Abstudy approval for some qualification on scope and are in the process of adding new and updated qualifications to the list.
- We offer choices in how and when you pay your fees and you can opt to pay by instalments.
- Centrepay is available for Centrelink clients.
- We offer a range of programs for corporate clients.
With us there are no hidden extras:
- Our course fees include all resources, materials and administrative fees unless specifically stated
- Where text books are required, you will be told about this before you enrol
- The fees are all clearly stated for each service, and are costed moderately
Don't get overcharged when choosing a training program!
Since the advent of VET Fee Help there has been a huge variation of fees and services across providers. Many students, particularly young students, consider VET Fee Help as an option to follow a 'study now - pay later' pathway. While this is a good way to develop your skills or gain a first qualification, you also need to look at what a range of providers offer and whether you are truly getting value for money in the long term.
Cost is not necessarily an indicator of higher quality. You also need to compare the 'product' and look beyond the marketing hype to the reputation of the provider.
These are the things you should ask before committing to a course of study with ANY provider, whether or not they offer VET Fee Help:
Our national reputation for quality:
- We employ only trainers and assessors who are highly qualified and have been in a vocation and the training industry for more than a decade to ensure that you are trained or mentored by the best of the best
- Our courses are written to provide a volume of learning that fully matches the requirements of the Training Packages
- Whatever your needs, we do not cut you off from learning because you cannot meet a time frame - Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans (John Lennon)
- Our students appreciate that to get the best jobs, they need to put some effort into gaining their skills and knowledge
- Our business grows as satisfied students and employers recommend us to others
- Many of our students return more than once to gain other qualifications
Disclaimer: It has been brought to our attention that StudyNet Pty Ltd has been promoting that HBTA is an RPL partner with them. Please be advised that any offer to provide them with assessment services ceased on 13/5/14 and that we are not providing any RPL assessment services to any clients of that organisation.
Please also note also that we do not have any agreements with any marketing companies to promote to students on our behalf. Only our regional trainers and our training partners (see below) may recruit students into courses they deliver on behalf of HBTA.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
This will come into effect on January 1st 2015 and will give you a unique number to enable you to look up your training transcripts and qualifications registered after that date.
We have already begun the process to assist you in obtaining a USI or notifying us of a USI you hold, which you must do if enrolling after 1st October if your training is likely to extend beyond 1st January 2015.
All enrolments from 1st January must have a USI and no certificates or statements of attainment awarded after that date can be processed until we have a registered USI on file.
You can find more information by clicking here to go direct to the USI Web Site USI information and to get a USI.
We are a provider committed to training excellence:
- We offer programs based on a range of practical and pragmatic learning experiences
- We know what we do and we do what we know, so you benefit from our accumulated experience
- We update our own vocational and training skills regularly, to ensure that we remain at the leading edge
Who we are:
- we specialise in distance and flexible delivery programs right across Australia and New Zealand
- we offer specialist training in Anatomy and Physiology, OHS and Infection control on behalf of other RTOs
- we prioritise our resources to provide quality training, and our clients are our main focus
- we operate with low overheads and pass cost savings on to our clients
What we do not do:
- We do not take short cuts because you deserve the best
- We will never offer courses in too short a time frame because you need the time for your skills to mature
- Above all, if you want a TAE40110 you will not get it from us in a 2, 3 or five day course if you have no prior experience and qualifications in our industry
Moving into a new era of training
We have one foot in the e-learning door with our product for TAE40110 and TAE Diplomas being gradually converted to interactive PDFs.
Along with our plans to offer e-learning in some of our popular courses, we are also trialling the use of webinars to deliver training in short courses such as Auditing and to support the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Also, we have registered an e-learning domain and are in the process of developing an e-learning site using Moodle. The redesign and upload of training programs is progressing, so bear with us, we are dancing as hard as we can.
Life is so exciting, why would anyone not want to learn!
Our e-learning site has been hacked and used for phishing. If you get any emails from this site (hbta-elearning.edu.au) please report them as:
Google shut the site down and we lost all our uploads which were being readied for launch this semester.
Contact us directly on 07 5502 6662 if you get any unsolicited emails purporting to come from us. We do not conduct spam or viral advertising.
No matter how hard we try and no matter how many firewalls we construct, there is always some geek in his mother's basement that can crack any codes,
Want to do a TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment?
Live beyond the Black Stump and there are no local providers? Hate the thought of slogging through an online course with limited access to a trainer?
We have something for you! We are extending our outreach programs with regional trainers who take training to the bush. Watch the space below as we add more partner organisations or travelling trainers to our 'family'.
To find out more about individual programs, click on the navigation bar on the left or contact us directly.
Our Regional Trainers and Assessors
Kellie Gluyas who is based in Stones Corner may be joining us next semester to deliver TAELLN411 and TAE40110. We will keep you posted on this news.
New South Wales
We are pleased to be working with Kim Katon in Newcastle who provide quallity TAE10 training and assessment as well as auditing and other business training. Contact them directly for details of their excellent courses, including the short course for TAELLN411, and their training locations.
We are proud to welcome aboard Kay Whitehall in Mudgee, who is up and running in TAE qualifications and business qualifications. Kay delivers training in Western NSW and in the Mackay region of Queensland. More follows, as they say in the publishing industry.
Matt Spokes has now moved back to the Riverina where he will service clients wanting TAE Certificate IV and Diplomas and WHS qualifications.
Jan Wunderlich, the Vocational Educational Professional, manager of X Links Consulting, who previously worked for us in Hervey Bay, is now back working with us as a trainer in TAE40110, Certificate and Diploma Business qualifications and WHS courses from Cert III to Advanced Diploma in the Sydney region.
She is moving shortly to the Mid North Coast but will be continuing work with Sydney clients as required.
Kay Whitehall visits Mackay regularly to run courses and visit on-site with corporate customers and clients.
Natasha Brown of Criterion Training and Consultancy has joined us as a trainer delivering TAE40110 as well as business qualifications in Townsville, Cairns and FNQ.
I am working on a separate trainer page to showcase the incredible skills these people have and what they can do for you!
Training Partnerships with other organisations
In addition to the services we provide directly to clients in WA, we have recently entered into agreements with two WA organisations who will provide training and assessments under auspice from HBTA for selected qualifications on our scope. This means that they will be able to conduct training and assessment on our behalf and that they will then supply us with full details of the results and evidence and HBTA will issue the qualifications if all requirements are met.
These organisations are Eureka Training (Aus) and Renovatio Pty Ltd t/as PPD Training. Further details of the services they will provide on our behalf will be made available shortly, or you can contact them directly to discuss your training needs.
We have also recently entered into an agreement with Enrich Training (t3 Australia) in Brisbane which will allow them to offer training and assessment of selected qualifications on our behalf. If you would like discuss your training needs directly with them you should contact them directly to discuss options that might suit you.
After two decades of working with Catherine Logue of the Training for Learning Company, as a respected colleague, we are most pleased to be working closely with her in the delivery of TAE qualifications and shortly selected Business qualifications. This training company also produces a range of innovative training resources to please the most creative of trainers with kits and fun activities for group training.
Regional NSW and Queensland
We have recently had Peter Nelson from OZHST join our growing family. Peter is based in Orange and delivers WHS and TAE training throughout regional NSW right up into the Darling Downs and even Mt Isa.
A specific page on our training partnerships is being developed and will list the qualifications and services each are able to provide under agreement with HBTA.
There are more exciting projects in the wind. Keep watching this space.
Look Mum! No eye candy!
This site is constantly under development and has been for some time because our original web designer got married, is now living in the Rockies and constantly hiking through the Canadian Wilderness shooting bears and brides (with a camera). You can follow the amazing adventures of this intrepid Australian (and now also Canadian) on www.ginevre.com or FB: Photography by Ginevre, or www.untamedland.ca.
If you want to see what she is up to http://www.facebook.com/InTheEyesOfWildlife has the preview of her documentary on how wildlife lives alongside humans. Sadly many of the animals that appear in her photographs and short films have been killed by motor vehicles and trains this year, making Ginevre's work even more poignant.
We are expecting a new logo, a new look site and a few bells and whistles - sometime this millenium. Meanwhile Mum has to soldier on with Creative Suite Five (which got more complicated than previous incarnations) so we concentrated on the quality of information, rather than eye candy at the moment.
Meanwhile, we will keep the information updated even without the pretty pictures, flash animations or gizmos.