The Study Loans group have now launched a program called Study Pay, where you can pay by interest free installments (a small admin fee applies). You can see the information here.
To apply for either of these products, please click here https://zeefi.io/ep/healthy-business-training-academy/#main
Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers (SCOW Funding)
Are you aged over 40 and looking to re-skill?
The Australian Government, through its Skills and Training Incentive, is providing up to $2,200 (GST inclusive) to fund training to help mature age Australians to update their skills and remain in the workforce longer.
You are eligible for the Incentive if you:
are aged 40–70
are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
are currently employed OR recently unemployed (within nine months) and not registered with an Australian Government employment services provider
have completed a Skills Checkpoint assessment that identified training opportunities through the Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program (Program).
You can find out more information about the Incentive and the Program by:
• visiting www.skillscheck.com.au
• visiting the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s website at https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-checkpoint-older-workers-program and https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-and-training-incentive; and
Mid Career Checkpoint Funding
An Australian Government initiative, the Mid Career Checkpoint program assists people who have spent time out of the workforce undertaking caring responsibilities and who are now looking to return to paid employment. Alternatively, you may have recently entered the workforce but would like support to advance or change your career.
You may be eligible to participate in the Mid Career Checkpoint program if you:
have left paid employment for 6 months or more to undertake caring responsibilities, and
you are looking to return to the workforce, or
you have recently returned to the workforce in the last 18 months after undertaking 6 months of caring responsibilities.
You are an existing worker in a designated industry* which includes:
Accommodation and Food Services
Education and Training
Arts and Recreation Services
Administration and Support Services
Residential Care Services
Child Care Services
Contact your local Program Provider, who can help you apply for the Program and potentially access theses incentives using the details below:
Organisation States/territories in which the organisation delivers the program
The BUSY Group Ltd Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania and the Northern Territory
13 BUSY (13 28 79)
VERTO Ltd New South Wales, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory 1300 4 VERTO
(1300 483 786)
South Australia Funding
This is now open for all eligible SA residents over 16 and includes several of our most wanted courses. You can check details through this link. More information will be posted later for HBTA specific courses or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you might also find assistance with fees:
- If you are a job seeker, you should ask Centerlink or your Job Service Agency if there are any available funds to assist with your fees payment.
- You may be eligible for Austudy/Abstudy and we can add courses to the Centrelink list at any time.
- If you are in receipt of a government pension, you may be eligible for the Pensioner Education Supplement (PES). This can be used to pay your fees by installments through Centrepay.
- You can complete a course by enrolling in units one at a time, therefore you can spread your fees across the whole study period, making it easier to budget.
- We can offer agreed interest free installment payments but these must be received at regular intervals and the fees must be paid off before we issue the qualification.