Student Services Policies and Procedures
Details of the terms of claiming refunds is available here.
A copy of the Student Manual can be viewed here.
We are legally obliged to report statistical information about you to the government for recording and audit purposes. Other than this, we safeguard your rights under the Australian Privacy Principles and only share your information with Third Parties with your written permission or as you have allowed by signing the declaration on the enrolment form or the pre-training questionnaire.
Note that we are also now obliged to verify the authenticity of any qualification you offer as evidence for RPL or Credit transfer (previosly we just required JP notarisation). Authorisation for us to contact other organisations is now included in the declaration on the enrolment form.
A copy of the Privacy Notice that complies with the National VET Data Policy is found here and on our enrolment forms. You are required to sign both the general declaration and the privacy notice declaration when you enrol.
Well, I never thought I would have to say this to adult students in vocational training but:
If your enrolment is cancelled through proven (and blatant) copying the work of other students, you will have the right to appeal the decision of the assessor and the Director before your cancellation takes effect. You will be allowed 30 days to make a case as to why your enrolment should not be cancelled. This will then be sent to an external mediator together with your assessment evidence and other supporting documents.
In the case of a cancelled enrolment there are no refunds because (a) you have been provided with the course work and (b) you have submitted assessments. See the Refund Policy for why this is so..
- once you have commenced training, you are expected to progress through your qualification at a reasonable rate, which is generally not more than two months to complete any Unit
- if there are good reasons for a delay, you must keep us informed so we can note this on your student records
- any student who is not progressing and who fails to respond to normal contacts, may have their enrolment suspended, in which case you will be contacted in writing and be given a date before which contact must be resumed
- any student who is not progressing and who fails to respond to normal contacts for six months or more, will have their enrolment terminated
- any re-enrolment after suspension or termination may be subject to a study contract
Anti-discrimination, safety and EO:
- you have the right to experience a training service without any form of discrimination and in a safe environment
- in order to provide you with this, under our Duty of Care, we require you to undertake to treat all others with respect and refrain from using language or behaviour that is discriminatory or demeaning
- you are also required to obey all safety and infection control protocols
- if you have a complaint and this is not readily resolved by friendly discussion, you have the right to enter into a formal complaints resolution process without prejudice or penalty
- all complaints must be in writing
- where the complaint cannot be resolved internally, we will refer it to an external mediation source
- all results of the resolution process will be recorded and you will receive the decision in writingAppeals:
- if you disagree with the judgement of your course assessor, or feel you have been unfairly judged
- not yet competent' you may appeal the decision
- the appeal must be entered within 30 days of the assessment decision
- the process will be handled in the same manner as a formal complaint
A copy of the complaints policy can be viewed here.
Access to personal files:
- under FOI you have the right to examine your student file, but may not take away any materials from that file
- before you can gain access, we require proof of identity in order to comply with privacy legislation
- you may request photocopies of materials in the file, and an administration fee will apply to this
Replacement of qualifications testamurs:
- if you lose your testamur, you can request a replacement and an administrative charge will be levied for this service
- at the current time, all past students who have lost their testamur due to floods, cyclones or other natural disasters are provided with replacement free of charge
- you will be required to provide proof of indentity when requesting a replacement testamur
Change of contact details:
- please contact us immediately if you change your address, contact phone numbers or emails or your circumstances change
- if you fail to do this, you will not be able to receive mentoring to help you with your studies or will fail to receive your qualification or statements of attainment
|You may request copies of any student policies and procedures at any time, or ask to be issued with a print copy
of the Student Manual before you enrol.
Contact us if you require more information about your rights and obligations.