Qualified WHS personnel are essential in every type of business, now more than ever. Safety plays an essential role in an organisation’s productivity and success.
This certificate lays the foundation of your WHS knowledge base including WHS law and compliance. Next, you will learn WHS processes and how to contribute effectively to them such as: WHS risk management, workplace incidence response, implementing WHS management systems and WHS consultation and participation processes.
You will also develop leadership, communications and project management skills to add to your toolkit.
Core Units – all five must be completed
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
Elective Units – complete a total of six units of your choice *
Group A – complete at least three units of your choice
- BSBINS401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBWHS417 Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
- BSBWHS418 Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS431 Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
Group B – complete at least two units of your choice from this list
- BSBCMM411 Make a presentation
- BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBPMG420 Apply project scope management techniques
- BSBSTR402 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBSUS411 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- TAEASS301 Contribute to assessment
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
The HBTA advantage
Free 1 year student membership to AIHS*
Enrol at any time Study how and when it is convenient for you
Fast track your completion using your real work experience
Various payment options available
Government funding available*
Corporate and group discounts.
*Eligibility criteria applies
Our Trainers are the Difference!
Whether you choose workshops, RPL, online/distance learning or mentored, on-the-job training, the support you receive from our dedicated trainers remains the same.
There are no hidden fees, and you will not receive materials and passwords and be left to teach yourself. Our trainers are committed to your success and are available by email, phone or webinar.
10 Units total – 5 core, 5 elective
Onsite corporate groups
Corporate rate $POA
Finance & Government Funding Available**
Study your way
Our Business programs are student-centered, interactive, creative, and enjoyable to ensure our learners stay focused and engaged throughout their qualifications.
Custom design your qualification by choosing electives that interest you.
Select additional electives for ‘add-on’ Statements of Attainment to boost your learning*.
Choose the method of study that is most convenient for you.
*Additional fee applies
**Eligibility criteria applies
Speak to one of our Trainers to learn more or get started today!