Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers (SCOW Funding)
Are you aged over 40 and looking to re-skill?
The Australian Government, through its Skills and Training Incentive, is providing up to $2,200 (GST inclusive) to fund training to help mature age Australians to update their skills and remain in the workforce longer.
You are eligible for the Incentive if you:
are aged 40–70
are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
are currently employed OR recently unemployed (within nine months) and not registered with an Australian Government employment services provider
have completed a Skills Checkpoint assessment that identified training opportunities through the Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program (Program).
You can find out more information about the Incentive and the Program by:
• visiting www.skillscheck.com.au
• visiting the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s website at https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-checkpoint-older-workers-program and https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-and-training-incentive; and
The BUSY Group
13 BUSY (13 28 79)
South Australia Funding
This is now open for all eligible SA residents over 16. You can check details through this link. All our full Qualifications are available for funding under this South Australia government initiative (Please note that BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety can only be completed under a traineeship). Please complete our EOI should you wish to take up this funding to complete your chosen qualification.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Where you might also find assistance with fees:
- If you are a job seeker, you should ask Centerlink or your Job Service Agency if there are any available funds to assist with your fees payment.
- You may be eligible for Austudy/Abstudy and we can add courses to the Centrelink list at any time.
- If you are in receipt of a government pension, you may be eligible for the Pensioner Education Supplement (PES). This can be used to pay your fees by installments through Centrepay.
- You can complete a course by enrolling in units one at a time, therefore you can spread your fees across the whole study period, making it easier to budget.
- We can offer agreed interest free installment payments but these must be received at regular intervals and the fees must be paid off before we issue the qualification.