These are Alternatives to Full Qualifications that might suit your needs!
A skills set comes from two different origins
- Skills sets that are identified within a training package
- Skills sets that are requested by an employer or an individual client
Skills sets that are identified within a training package
Training Packages we have on scope often identify specific skills sets to meet the needs of employers or individuals that only want a ‘bolt on’ not a full qualification.
For example: The different skills sets that are available for various job classifications within the TAE40116
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training qualifications frameworks.
- TAESS00009 Address Foundation Skills in Vocational Practice Skill Set
- TAESS00010 Advanced Assessor Skills Set
- TAESS00011 Assessor Skill Set
- TAESS00013 Enterprise Trainer – Mentoring Skills Set
- TAESS00014 Enterprise Trainer – Presenting Skill Set
- TAESS00015 Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skills Set
Skills sets for a job requirement or professional development
Examples of these are:
- short courses made up of units identified by professional associations to satisfy their professional development requirements
- short courses we design for individual employers based on a Training Needs Analysis to meet an upskilling, cross skilling or multi-skilling need
- short courses made up of single or groups of units from any qualification we have on our scope to help you get special skills for your job or to top up an existing qualification to get a second qualificationl for example.
Lead Auditor Course
Auditing Skills Set (Lead Auditor Course)
- BSBAUD402 Participate in a quality audit
- BSBAUD501 Initiate a quality audit
- BSBAUD503 Lead a quality audit
- BSBAUD504 Report on a quality audit
The following additional units are also available until March 2021
- BSBWHS604 Evaluate the WHS performance of organisations (RPL only)
- BSBWHS606 Conduct a WHS audit
Stand-alone units for professional development
The following units are now being offered as short courses.
- BSBWHS512 Contribute to managing work-related psychological health and safety
- BSBWHS332X Apply infection prevention and control procedures to own work activities
Pyrotechnics Skills Sets:
The following courses are provided by KC’s Fireworks, Caloundra. For more details contact: KC’s Fireworks.
Fireworks Operators Course (Indoor and Outdoor displays)
CUAPYR401 Manage health and safety requirements at fireworks displays
CUAPYR402 Operate outdoor fireworks displays
CUAPYR404 Operate close proximity fireworks displays
Fireworks Contractor Course
CUAPYR403 Plan outdoor fireworks displays
Skills sets attainment result in the issue of a Statement of Attainment (SoA)
- A statement of attainment is a nationally recognised qualification under the Australian Qualifications Framework
- The holder of an SoA must be given full credit for any identical Unit listed that appears in any other qualification in which it forms part of the framework, under National Recognition rules, regardless of the code and title of the originating qualification.
To find out more about Skills Sets, contact us directly.